The Frieze New York event had their debut in 2012. And this year, it will happen on May 10 to 13, 2013. It presents the most forward-thinking galleries from all over the world. It brings international focus to the dynamic contemporary art scene found in lovely New York. During the event, the visitors have the chance to buy art done by over 1,000 best artists of the world. Aside from that, they can experience Frieze Projects too, the event’s program of artists’ specially commissioned projects, and the Frieze Talks, a program of debates, panel discussions, as well as keynote lectures regarding art.
The fair also features this thing called “Frame”. It is a section that is dedicated to solo artist presentations by emerging galleries and Focus galleries. They present curated projects and artworks that are made exclusively for the Frieze New York. Just imagine how big this art festival would be, and it’s all happening in New York.
The Sculpture Park, which is found beside the waterfront of the East River, will be exhibiting new selected works by both established and emerging artists. This part of the festival is free to the public. Anyone who is interested in art is welcome to look into the artworks.
For this year, Frieze New York is temporarily housed on a structure designed by New York-based architects. It is located in the unique and beautiful setting of Randall’s Island Park, Manhattan.Also, it is overlooking the East River. People who plan to join the event can easily locate the place and is easily accessible.
Frieze New York Schedule
- May 10, Friday: from 11 am to 7 pm
- May 11, Saturday: from 11 am to 7 pm
- May 12, Sunday: from 11 am to 7 pm
- May 13, Monday: from 11 am to 6 pm
The Event Details
- What: Frieze New York
- Where: Randall’s Island Park, East River, NY
- When: May 10 to 13, 2013
- Admission Fees: One Day is $42, Students for only $26. But if you’re interested in a one day admission with a catalogue, get it for only $75.
- Official Event Website: http://friezenewyork.com/
Guide to the Event
- To accommodate more room for the artworks, all guests and artists are asked to deposit medium to large bags and coats at the cloakroom, which will be inside the fair. Large photographic equipment should be deposited there as well, unless of course it is pre-arranged with the organizers of the event or the Press Office.
- The fair is also an event wherein galleries can conduct business. Be aware of the behaviors that might disturb the galleries or other visitors.
- Visitors are not allowed to touch any works of art throughout the fair. Foods and beverages are only allowed in the corridors, not on the spaces intended for the artworks since these may damage the art displayed. Running in spaces is also discouraged.
- The fair is fully accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Wheelchair users’ companions do not have to pay an admission fee. They are free of charge.
- Guide dogs are welcome too.
The 2012 Frieze New York event was indeed a huge success, with galleries including the Gavin Brown Enterprise, Metro Pictures, David Zwirner, Greene Naftali, and a whole lot more. For this year’s celebration, you can expect it to be more interesting, featuring all kinds of art from different corners of the globe.