I’m honored to have been asked to host the Carnival of Real Estate again this week and I am pleased to say that there were a lot of great submissions to peruse. I had hoped to come up with some clever theme for this week’s Carnival but alas my brain is fried from all the goings on related to opening my new Heddings Property Group office.
With that said, given the emotional roller coaster that so many in this country are "riding" right now, I have decided that this week’s submissions will be categorized in a range of emotions. Not necessarily those with which I’m currently familiar (a few perhaps) but let us begin with…
- From Marlow Harris of 360Digest comes Whack-A-Mole? No, Whack-An-Agent which humorously reminds us of just how hostile people can be towards real estate professionals.
- Another Extreme Makeover unhappy ending as a Kentucky Family Decides to Sell Their Extreme Makeover Home from Diane Tuman at ZillowBlog.
- Yes there is hope on the mortgage front: Home Loan/Mortgage Resources Blog shows up twice this week with Home Mortgage Refinance: The Making Home Affordable Plan May Help from Bradley Marmer and Steps To Lower The Interest Paid On Your Mortgage from Graham McKenzie.
- Of course I believe that everyone should have a roof over their head but this is precisely the type of lending that got us into this mess in the first place no? Check out Where To Get A Bad Credit Loan Mortgage from Mortgages Explained Blog
- Money definitely can’t buy you happiness but fiscal responsibility can’t hurt. If you haven’t read SectorMatic Money Journal’s 7 Keys to Financial Survival, well then, you don’t know Jack Schmidt!
- I chose rage here because the mere mention of Bidding War enrages oh so many and immediately conjures up feelings of distrust, anxiety and the like. Lauren Mitchell from Toronto’s Living In the Neighbourhood brings us Toronto Real Estate Bidding Wars Return. Check Out Lauren’s Top 10 Buyer Beware List. I can share anecdotally that I have clients moving back to NYC from Toronto and they have confirmed that the Toronto market has hit bottom and bidding wars have indeed returned! Grrrrrrrr…are you angry?
- Is government meddling in capital markets really the answer to all of this country’s financial woes? Many think not and Jay Thompson, ThePhoenixRealEstateGuy suggests perhaps the government should just practice a laissez-faire policy in How the Government can Fix the “Foreclosure Crisis”
- Are people really trying to present different personas on social marketing sites? Drew Meyers at GeekEstateBlog brings us Personal Business, Business Personality, and Social Media in which he discusses Notorious Rob’s (aka Rob Hahn whom I recently met on a Social Networking Panel) interview of Todd Carpenter of NAR. Todd shares a quote from his friend Kit Mueller who says that having separate personal and business profiles on-line is akin to "showing up at a cocktail party twice. Once in your suit, then in a Hawaiian shirt" I agree that social marketing is just that…SOCIAL and often personal.
And last but definitely not least is something I am all too familiar with when it comes blogging on a daily basis…,
- From Jim Cronin’s Real Estate Tomato comes How Does Teresa Boardman Post Every Day To Her Real Estate Blog? I’m printing this one and keeping it on desk in an effort to pick up the posts again here at TrueGotham.
So that’s it everyone. Thanks to all who submitted posts and I apologize to those whose submissions I was unable to post.
4 Responses to Carnival of Real Estate #145