It’s a beautiful sunny Friday in Manhattan and the local real estate market continues to baffle those watching the collapse of so many markets around the country (again…their is NO National housing market). I’m busy presenting marketing strategies to sellers and showing property to buyers so here is what is becoming a regular feature of True Gotham, the Friday Link-O-Rama. Some great stuff here:
- An example of the pain being felt in markets around the country comes from writer Nancy Trejos of The Washington Post: ‘Upside Down’ Home Sellers Owe More Than They Get. Ouch!!
- Is a Down Payment From In-Laws A Gift, or a Recipe for Disaster? from Diane Ransom of the Wall Street Journal Online. This down-payment gift came with so many strings attached that it resulted in divorce! Double Ouch!!!
- Michael Saul of The New York Daily News reports on Michael Bloomberg’s plan to endorse a Manhattan traffic congestion plan which would charge a toll to travel below 86th Street on weekdays between the hours of 6AM and 6PM with some exceptions.
- A positive spin on loose lending standards from NPR. Listen to Looser Lending Had Upside: New Homeowners
- And lastly some fun from one of my favorites, Cory Doctorow of BoingBoing: Tiny Themed Prefab Houses. These seem spacious relative to some New York City apartments…not really!
New Yorkers, enjoy this gorgeous first Spring-like weekend! The TrueGotham Dragons are playing their second game of the season this Sunday on Ward’s Island…GO DRAGON’S!!!