With 2008 upon us, many are making predictions about the direction of the economy and more specifically the health and well-being of the Manhattan real estate market. In lieu of specific predictions, here are some current links that may shed some light on what may lie ahead on both the national and local housing fronts:
- First check out Monthly Mortgage rate Resets 2007-2016 via The Consumerist
- And Ticking time bombs known as "adjustable rate mortgages" via Hot Property
- But wait!!! Real estate agents expected to collect $55 billion in commissions this year also via Hot Property
- Suprisingly Weak Jobs Report Fuels Recession Talk via UrbanDigs.
- And I’m sure everyone read this already: Apartment Prices in Manhattan Defy National Real Estate Slide via Christine Haughney of The New York Times. Just how long will Manhattan buck national trends?
And here are a couple of links just for fun:
- From The Realestalker comes the list of famous who have purchased at 15CPW (via Curbed).
- And for my colleagues courtesy of ActiveRain comes 10 MUST Read Blogs for the Modern Real Estate Professional
- And check out Apartment Therapy’s hot posts for some great tips and advice on personalizing your home.