I hope everyone is looking forward to this long Memorial Day weekend as much as I am. I’m heading out to Bridgehampton with the family to spend the weekend with my in-laws (that’s a good thing…I actually really like them).
- And as much as I DETEST spin classes, I have agreed to join my brother-in law for a class at Zone Hampton on Saturday. Hey Neal, why aren’t we stayin’ in the hood and checking out Soul Cycle which I just found out about via Gotham Gal’s Joanne Wilson?
Now back to real estate:
- I somehow missed this but since we are talking Hampton’s, check out this record smashing deal that will be the record residential purchase in the United States (via The Real Deal)
- Eliot Brown of The NY Sun shares that Extell is at it again with approval of purchase of land at Hudson rail Yards, solidifying the company as a "development tour de force" in Manhattan over the past few years.
- Check out the recent renderings of 2075 Broadway at 72nd Street via Curbed. What that corner desperately needs! BTW…I started my real estate career in 1992 in the building that was torn down…I don’t miss it!
- Jen Chung at Gothamist has got some great Manhattan-centric pieces today. Check out more on congestion pricing to reduce Manhattan traffic, Old Naughty NYC Vs. Current Boring, Safe NYC, and some insight into the amount of vacant property in Manhattan.
- Some commentary on yesterday’s housing numbers (New Home Sales up 16%?) from BusinessWeekOnline.
- And more on the subject of how the jump in home sales is sending a mixed message from NPR.
That’s all I’ve got for today. Taking off on Monday so have a wonderful weekend and see you all on Tuesday.
2 Responses to Memorial Day Link-O-Rama