The most frequent question that I have been asked over the past 9 days from both clients and colleagues alike since leaving Prudential Douglas Elliman is "Why did you go to Rutenberg and not just open your own office?"
The answer…I’m doing both.
Here is my exact thought process and my reasoning for choosing the Rutenberg business model over a traditional brokerage model.
- I am able to run my own stand-alone branch office on the Upper West Side as The Heddings Property Group, LLC at Charles Rutenberg Realty, LLC..
- I have developed my own property web site that is just that…property-centric to show off the properties which I’m representing exclusively in the most transparent and best light possible while simultaneously focusing on search engine optimization. We’re in beta phase and adding more features daily but it is coming along quite nicely.
- We will soon be offering a password protected listings database for buyers to stay on top of new inventory the moment it hits the market (likely in the Fall). We will not hold information hostage…what is ours is yours!
- Many back end office tasks and expenses are absorbed by Rutenberg.
- COMPLETE FREEDOM to blog and speak to the press.
- Complete syndication of listings so that our exclusive properties are displayed on as many property web sites as possible.
- I believe in the Rutenberg business model and will also be assisting the partners with developing that model further and expanding the company reach in the Manhattan market place (already the 8th largest brokerage in just 2 short years) and hopefully beyond.
- Thanks to this 100% commission model, I can better manage my expenses, spend more on marketing and advertising when necessary and still watch earnings increase.
The Heddings Property Group, LLC at Charles Rutenberg Realty is intended to serve as an example of how top producers as well as "middle segment" earners can take their businesses to the next level without reinventing the wheel.
If you’re in the industry or have questions regarding The Heddings Property Group or Charles Rutenberg Realty, please don’t hesitate to send me a confidential email. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these models further with you.