Instead of the loosening of inventory that I had so hoped for this busy winter season, a further contraction seems to be a harsh reality. So in the sincere hope of procuring some very special properties to bring to market, here’s a quick list of what some of my buyers are hoping to find (please be mindful that we have seen EVERYTHING currently on the market so if it appears on the following wish list, it isn’t on the market…yet!):
- Classic 6 with light and views on the Upper West Side (high 60’s to 90th Street) for $2.4M or less.
- Large 2BR/2BTH (1400sf or larger) with stunning views and doorman for $2.5M or less.
- 2000sf or larger 3/4BR on Upper West Side on high floor with stunning views and doorman for $4M or less.
- Single or Multi family townhouse from 67th to 75th Street, between CPW and Columbus for $12M or less. Willing to do work.
- Large 2BR/2BTH (1200sf or larger) below 14th Street (Lower 5th Ave…Gold Coast) for $1.4M or less.
- Large Prewar 1BR/1BTH on Upper West Side with doorman, light and views for under $850K and reasonable maintenance (not $2 per sf).
- Upper West Side 2BR/2BTH (1000sf or larger) with light for $1M or less. Seeking best "value."
There’s more, but that’s a start.
Sellers…PAY ATTENTION: If you’re considering selling in the coming months, there may be an opportunity right now for you to capitalize on the incredibly low inventory in the Manhattan real estate market. That said, if you have a plain cookie cutter type apartment and you’re hoping to score big, you may want to just stay put.