One57 is a 90-story luxury condo building located at 157 West 57th Street near Carnegie Hall. This massive condo building is expected to the tallest residential structure in the entire city of New York. Sales for units inside of One57 began in November of last year and is expected to be move in ready ready near the end of 2013 or early 2014. For an elegant condo building that’s still under construction, there has been a lot of fuss about the building as it is expected to be one of the most costly and elaborate properties to be introduced in New York lately.
Those with expensive tastes and hefty budgets can either become guests or residents of this expansive property since the first 30 floors of this building will be home to the 5-Star Park Hyatt hotel. The architect of this building is Christian De Portzamparc and the interior designer will be Thomas Juul-Hansen. To give you some insight as to how extravagant this property will be once completed, the storage units in the basement are estimated to cost roughly $200,000.
The one-bedroom units offered in this building carried a price tag of $3.5 million and have been selling fast just as the two-bedroom units that were listed at roughly $6.5 million. The most affordable apartments that are still on the market at One57 are three-bedroom units that begin at around the $17.5 million range. The building is already over 50% sold and both of the $115 million penthouse apartments have already been accounted for as well.
The first 30 floors of the building will be home to the 210-room Park Hyatt hotel and will offer its 5-star services to residents upon request. The location of the building is still a construction site but construction should be completed in roughly 12 months.
Some of the amenities of the One57 building will be:
- 65-foot pool with Central Park views
- Rosewood Herringbone floors in select units
- Access to hotel amenities
- Designated 20,000-square-foot amenities floor
- Unobstructed views of Central Park
- Julie Zeveloff/Business Insider
- Floor-to-ceiling glass windows in the entire building
- Silk wall coverings and asymmetrical entryways in corridors
- Enclosed kitchens in the 3-bedroom units
- Ceiling height of 10′ 7″.or higher
- Handcrafted cabinetry
- Built-in wine cooler
- Custom designed and handcrafted cutlery drawer
- Miele double wall oven.
- Double dishwasher
- Two refrigerators in every unit
- Built-in Miele coffee maker
- Stove-top with five burners including a griddle and a grill.
- Range hoods with external ventilation
- Custom designed kitchen lighting
- Custom designed cabinet pulls
- Polished marble vanity tops
- Steam showers in select units
- Futuristic bidet and toilet
- Bathrooms equipped with televisions.
- 24-foot aquarium in library